Kent Schools Championship 2018
Entries open 1st March 2018
Venue: Chatham Ski & Snowboard Centre, John Nike Leisuresport, Capstone Road, Gillingham, ME7 3JH
Date: Sunday 6th May 2018
Race Bulletin: Download here.
Championship Entry Fee:
Open training day: Saturday 5th May 2018
The Kent Schools Ski Championships event consists of a slalom race of 2 runs down the same course followed by a dual knockout competition. The event is open to school teams made up of 3 or 4 racers and individual racers. The skiers can range from year 2 to 13 and entries will be taken up to a total of 200 racers. Entries will be accepted on a strictly first come, first served basis. Schools can enter multiple teams however all racers in a team must attend the same school and the school must ensure that all racers are competent to ski a slalom course.
After the slalom race there will be an exciting dual slalom knockout competition made up of teams of 4, to race head to head. Teams for the dual knockout will be selected evenly by using racers individual times from the morning slalom race.
We would very much appreciate if each team can provide a volunteer to officiate and help run the race, please note experience is not necessary. Once officials attend the team managers meeting they will gain an understanding of their role.
- Teams must race in the year group of the eldest member
- Skiers will race in number order for both runs
- The individual championship will be decided by the aggregate time of the two runs
- The team championship will be decided by the aggregate of the best three times for each run added together to give the overall team time
- Racers that are disqualified, or did not complete the first run will be allowed to take part in the second run
- If racers do not submit a time for either of their slalom race runs, they will still be eligible to compete in the dual knockout event
- To compete in the dual knock-out event, racer must have competing in the slalom race in the morning