Surrey Schools Championship 2018
Entries open until Wednesday 26th September 2018
Venue: Aldershot Ski Slope, Gallwey Road, Aldershot, Hampshire GU11 2DD
Date: Sunday 30th September 2018
Race Pack: Download here
Open training: Saturday 29th September 2018
Championship Entry Fee:
The Surrey Schools Ski Championships is open to all skiers schooled in the Surrey area. You can find a list and a map all off the Surrey Boroughs here . If capacity allows, racers from other regions may enter. Please contact the race secretary to discuss this further.
The competition will consist of a slalom race of 2 runs down the same course followed by a dual knockout competition. The event is open to school teams made up of 3 or 4 racers and individual racers. The skiers can range from year 2 to 13 and entries will be taken up to a total of 200 racers. Entries will be accepted on a strictly first come, first served basis. Schools can enter multiple teams however all racers in a team must attend the same school and the school must ensure that all racers are competent to ski a slalom course.
After the slalom race there will be an exciting dual slalom knockout competition made up of teams of 4, to race head to head. Teams for the dual knockout will be selected evenly by using the skiers’ individual times from the morning slalom race.
- Teams must race in the year group of the eldest member
- Skiers will race in number order for both runs
- The individual championship will be decided by the aggregate time of the two runs
- The team championship will be decided by the aggregate of the best three times for each run added together to give the overall team time
- Racers that are disqualified, or did not complete the first run will be allowed to take part in the second run
- If racers do not submit a time for either of their slalom race runs, they will still be eligible to compete in the dual knockout event
- To compete in the dual knock-out event, racers must have competed in the slalom race in the morning
- Racers are expected to behave in a sporting manner towards other competitors and race officials. Racers may be disqualified if they fail to adhere to slope rules or behave in an unsporting manner.